Amusing Motor Fuel Videos from the Past
Global Transportation Fuel Analysis for Mobility Today and in the Future
The following links to streaming video files on the early development of transportation energy for motor vehicles in the distant past are for your amusement.
The Story of Gasoline (1927) - Refinery and Transport of fuel
- Silent film on refining crude oil to gasoline by Department of the Interior. Bureau of Mines. Pittsburgh Experiment Station.
Oil for Aladdin's Lamp (revised version) (ca. 1949)
- The romance of the petroleum industry, showing how dependent our society is on oil and petrochemical products. Remake and update of the original (1933) version
More Power to You - How Oil Is Drilled, Transported And Refined To Gasoline (ca. 1930's)
- How oil is drilled, transported, refined, reformulated, and consumed. Narrator: Lowell Thomas.
The Inside Story of Modern Gasoline - 1946 Oil Industry Documentary
- The Standard Oil Company of Indiana explains how gasoline was refined and used in the mid 1940's. The film features a combination of animation and live-action scenes and shows gas stations, automobiles, trains, and various machines used in the refining process. .
Down the Gasoline Trail (1935)
- Cartoon showing what happens to a drop of gasoline from the time it flows into the gas tank to when it is exploded in the engine cylinder. This "fantastic voyage" through a glisteningly clean Chevrolet engine is an excellent example of the soft-sell industrial promotion, where the product that's promoted is hardly ever mentioned by name.
Destination Earth (1956)
- In this corporate-sponsored cartoon, Martian dissidents learn that oil and competition are the two things that make America great.
Twenty-Four Hours of Progress (Part I) (1950)
- How the oil industry is central to the American economy which is brought to you by The Oil Industry Information Committee.
The Evolution of the Oil Industry - 1950's United States Bureau of Mines Educational Documentary
- U.S. Bureau of Mines and Sinclair Refining Company sponsored film from the mid 1950's explains the beginnings of the oil industry in the United States, through to modern refineries. Related infrastructure, transport, and an explanation of where oil comes from is also included
Please report any broken links to firstname.lastname@example.org